Tuesday, May 10, 2011

chevron curtains


SO. this was our front room.
are you ready for the sexiest paint color in the world?



then scroll down baby!
::
::
::
::
::
::
::
::
::
::
::
::

dovetail gray.
 this paint color covers the majority of our home and i'm in love.

i knew i wanted some dramatic curtains to compliment our bright armoir,
but when i looked up chevron patterned curtain, they were basically non-existent.
i found a couple, but they weren't this dramatic and were way over priced.


so of course i made my own! i'm getting a tutorial ready 
to post if anyone is interested. total cost? about $30. 
and you'll never guess what they're made from. 



what do you think? are they too crazy? or just right?




i'd like a new light fixture, and
the curtains still need a trim at the bottom.
oh, did i mention that this is a no-sew project?

12 comments:

The Owen Family said...

I am in LOVE, it looks wonderful!

The Mathews Family said...

I am so in love with your yellow armoire that I want to kiss it on the mouth! Oh holy gorgeous! Those curtains are amazing... and I want to say you made them out of sheets? Close? Good job cousin! This room is gorgeous! And normally I think that I overuse the exclamation point... but in this case, I think they're necessary!
-Jessica!
:o)

The Lingo Family said...

LOVE THEM!!! They are perfect in that room. I can't wait for the tutorial. and to see more of the house. :)

The Lingo Family said...

LOVE THEM!!! They are perfect in that room. I can't wait for the tutorial. and to see more of the house. :)

Anonymous said...

They are perfect! I love your dining room!!!! :)

Kelly said...

Love the look of this room. But of course I do! I always love your home decor!

Soooooo, do tell! What are they made from? Sheets?

Nicole said...

are they made from a dropcloth?? And what color of yellow is that?? pls

Nicole said...

the colors are wonderful in this room

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Owen Family said...

I just noticed these curtains again and I LOVE them.....details please?

Vanessa said...

Found your blog looking for chevron curtains... Yours are fantastic! Dying to know how you made them. Tutorials please!! :)

Nicole Rene said...

LOVING the gray !!!! I want to do my bedroom that color!!! It's so nice! :)

Nicole Rene