Monday, June 13, 2011

kelly & buddy's quilt


my bestie kelly got married.
she married a boy we played water polo with in high school.
they didn't keep in touch over the years, but reconnected after college.
how adorable is that?
i love buddy. he is a good man and treats kelly so well.
i knew kelly would love the quilt, but i didn't expect buddy to be so appreciative.
because, you know, guys usually don't care about that stuff. he loved it.




i bought this pattern. i knew i wanted to use my orla kiely duvet cover for the backing, so i pulled colors from that and it turned out so similar to the pattern i followed. didn't mean to, but it happened.










this quilt was super fun to make and really special to me because of the people it was for.
congrats to kelly and buddy,
i love you both!



2 comments:

Lei said...

this is SO going on pinterest... :)

Kelly said...

I am just now catching up on the THOUSANDS (no joke) of posts waiting to be read in my GoogleReader. It has been months! As I read this post I am snuggled up on the couch with and sweet husband and my amazing quilt! Shay, you are the best. We simply love our quilt! Thank you, thank you! xo