Monday, June 21, 2010

project #3 down- armoir


this is our armoir.
it was the first peice of furniture that the mister and i purchased together.
more than 5 years ago, while we were engaged.
500 buckaroos at a garage sale.
it's beautiful and classic and i love it.
but i needed some more color in my life.

i thought about 

cherry red
...
teal
...
plum
...
but decided on

mustard yellow 

during the process...


ta da! ka-pow!
everyone could use a little more yellow in their life right?
now if only those walls weren't so stark white!
ooooh, and don't get me started on that speaker peeking on the side...
drives me nuts!

11 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

It looks fabulous! And so does that room! I understand about the speakers. Thankfully we can't afford any right now! I hate ugly things in a room!

The Lingo Family said...

LOVE it!!

The Mathews Family said...

Seriously! Seriously. I'm about to get myself pregnant just so I can have all of that nesting energy back. :o) I LOVE (no way to express how much I LOVE...) that armoir. The color makes it so amazing. I love seeing all of your projects. Keep it up so I've got something to look at. LOL!
-Jessica

Jen said...

shay, you have totally big balls. i'd love to do something like that but be too scared. of course, it turned out a-maz-ing. love you...

Heather said...

Did you just paint straight over the wood? Or did you prep it at all?? I have some painting projects that I'm too afraid to start... but you're motivating me :)

Anne said...

amazing! it really is awesome. and i love the quilts.

Noel said...

diddo to what Jen said. love that you chose mustard..come decorate my apt please!

Molly Bea said...

Love love love love it. did I mention I love it?

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow, the yellow looks awesome! Great choice!!

Barillafab4.blogspot.com said...

love it! yellow is one of my FAV colors...so happy!

Burke & Chelle said...

Saw you on better after! I love that yellow! Could you possibly tell me the color and what brand of paint you used? Thanks!